Sunday, November 23, 2008

Do you ever find yourself doing something ridiculous, but just you can't stop?

Because I'm so paranoid about my house getting broken into while I'm in Tulsa for Thanksgiving, I have decided it's a good idea to catalogue my DVD, CD, book*, and record collections, just in case I need to provide State Farm with a list of stolen items.

Seriously.

While it isn't taking as long as I thought it would, I have about a hundred other things I should be doing, like, say, more laundry so I at least have something clean to wear on the drive out. Earlier today (when I was organizing and listing the DVDs), I got sucked into watching The States on the History Channel for an embarrassingly long time.

What is my malfunction?!

Other ridiculous things I plan to do before I leave, because I'm so paranoid:

  • make sure my renters' insurance is good to go

  • copy all music purchased from iTunes to DVD, or at least make a list of it

  • copy all pictures from the desktop onto DVDs, in case vandals steal my desktop

  • copy all writing/poetry stuff from desktop to laptop, also in case of desktop theft

  • move something heavy to block the back door from a would-be intruder (though this might cause some trouble upon our return, when Chester makes a mad dash for the back door to pee)

  • ask/tell the landlord about putting a lock on the gate



  • *...Yeah. I'm not going to have time to do this part. Like, ever. But I need to at least do some of the really, really old ones that are worth more than the new paperbacks.


    Oh! P.S. I found one of my two my most favorite Christmas CD ever in the history of time, remembered that it's getting to be about that time, and started listening to it on repeat...which I will no doubt be doing until 2009 (minus road trip time, because that would be breaking the rules). For those curious...here it is.


    originally posted here.

    No comments: