Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thank you, Birmingham. May I have another?

Worst. 12 hour drive. Ever.

Granted, I've had longer drives to and from home that were just as miserable, but this should have been an 11-hour trip tops, because I was making such awesome time. However, people in Memphis and Birmingham have forgotten how to drive altogether. And, oh:

Plus rain.
Plus construction.
Plus Droopy Eye in the back who didn't sleep much, despite being sedated.
Plus not stopping for food at all until 6:00 p.m. (after eating a banana at 6:00 a.m.).
Plus crappy phone reception.
Plus Thanksgiving weekend traffic.
Plus not piggybacking with Rob and Micaela, who didn't leave Mannford until I was already in Arkansas.

Yaaaaaaaaaaay, home! I'm not leaving you at all this week.
Except for work.
And trivia.
And gymming.
And whatever else should come up.

No comments: